 Administrative / General / 13958
    No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —Willy Tschager
   Hi, someone else experiencing the following: * No authentication mails form Lugnet when posting through the web interface when not logged in * No posts when posting through the newsreader * The only way to post is through the web interface with (...) (17 years ago, 10-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —Tim David
     (...) Possibly related, I don't know I normally post logged onto the site so haven't had authentication email problems, but I haven't received the news by mail I normally get (digest for CAD and every post for trains). This could be a Hotmail (...) (17 years ago, 10-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —David Schilling
     (...) It's definitely a Lugnet problem. I haven't received any news-by-mail posts either recently. The last one I got was on Halloween. I hope this gets fixed very soon! Rene, where are you? -- David Schilling (16 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —Thomas Garrison
     (...) I'm getting this too---that is, my newsreader thinks that it's posting, but since I never get the authentication e-mail my posts never go up. Moreover, when I go to the multiple post authentication page (URL) lets me submit my address (which I (...) (16 years ago, 11-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? Gereon Stein
   (...) Hi Willy, I am so sorry - apparently we had a severe problem in the mail system that went unnoticed (I really was knee-deep in a number of issues and did not suspect anything to be wrong, let alone the warning system to actually misinterpret (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —Geoffrey Hyde
    "Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:JrHMyn.CMr@lugnet.com... (...) This is apparently still happening. I sent a post for authentication on 11/23/2007 10:19AM and the authentication message did not show up until (...) (16 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? Gereon Stein
   I think it makes sense to post a small update on this issue: As a matter of fact, email is running fine since the discovery of the "hang" some days ago. We have a comprehensive warning and traffic management mechanism in place so we should not run (...) (16 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader? —Rob Hendrix
   (...) Related problem maybe (I haven't been following this thread): I've sent two messages today via NNTP and no authentication posts have shown up as of yet. First message sent 2 hours ago. I am posting this message from the web interface. Thanks, (...) (16 years ago, 14-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)