 Year / 2002 / 381
Re: New 2002 Belville Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:55:53 GMT

     Vanilla, prince, one more male figure
         the princess is a different figure than 5842 but the
         text clearly names her Vanilla. Hair color and eyes
         are the same so I think this is Vanilla

Not to pick an argument, but LEGO S@H in their catalog description blew this
one. Note that the figures in 5832 and 5842 are both clearly identified as
Vanilla in the titles of the sets. Both figures have blonde hair, _brown_ eyes
and upper teeth showing. Both figures come in pink-rose color scheme. They both
wear pink coronets.
The girl figure in 5850 is blonde—yes, but she is blue-eyed, wears blue
clothes, a blue coronet and her teeth do not show. This figure is Elvira, one
of the two princesses that came in 5834 (Flora, who wears green, being the
other). Unless Vanilla went to the orthodontist and is wearing colored
contacts, the princess in 5850 is not Vanilla. ;-)

From studying the S@H catalog, it would appear that the second male figure
in 5850 is adult and, judging by his crown, probably the king. If so, that
would mean that the old king that looked like Colonel Sanders must have died!
(That set is discontinued) and this is the new king with a son, a daughter, a
baby boy and and a baby girl (the same age. Are they twins?) Looks complicated
to me, but royal families tend that way.
On the negative side, shipment of these sets all look like they are delayed
until March. Sigh!!!
Cheers, WES