 Year / 2002 / 334
Re: New 2002 Belville Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:14:43 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   You don't have to be so diplomatic, because it's obvious that I'm
   confused here.  :D  Yes, I'm thinking about that.  I'll go back
   and look at it again--a trans-medblue brick would be really neat.

:-)

Yes, a trans blue base brick would be super cool. That would definitely
be close to the biggest transparent piece (the large quarter domes are
still larger though).

   That polar bear in the big set looks nice and menacing for minifigs,
   too.

It's somewhat larger than the Arctic polar bear, and 4 wide instead of 2
wide. The biggest problem with it is that the only connectivity it has
is the ability to hold a rod in it's mouth (such limited connectivity is
common for Scala animals).

   Ack.  I'm not sure I like it anymore.  I remember that the Scala bear
   piece did appear in an earlier year (2000?), but not in that color.

Another minus about it is that it is all rounded and such which doesn't
mesh well with most of the rest of the LEGO animals (of course it really
is sort of close to the dolphins, sharks, and swordfish in that aspect,
but still...).

Frank