 Year / 2002 / 335
Re: New 2002 Belville Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:20:24 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Frank Filz writes:

Umm, someone's confused here. Pete and I have been discussing the 12x12
quarter circle base brick in 5850. I seriously doubt they've changed to
a plate. Perhaps you're thinking about the 8x8 plate in 5838.

  You don't have to be so diplomatic, because it's obvious that I'm
  confused here.  :D  Yes, I'm thinking about that.  I'll go back
  and look at it again--a trans-medblue brick would be really neat.

I guess it's meant to simulate ice, since the princess is skating about.
Imagine 4 of these quarter circle base bricks with a light source below.

   That polar bear in the big set looks nice and menacing for minifigs,
   too.

It's somewhat larger than the Arctic polar bear, and 4 wide instead of 2
wide. The biggest problem with it is that the only connectivity it has
is the ability to hold a rod in it's mouth (such limited connectivity is
common for Scala animals).

  Ack.  I'm not sure I like it anymore.  I remember that the Scala bear
  piece did appear in an earlier year (2000?), but not in that color.

Fetch Frosty, fetch. Go get the stick.