 Western/Wild West / 611
Re: Hello to Benjamin Medinets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:15:15 GMT

Hello Benjamin, thanks very much for your long reply and nice to meet you!

In lugnet.western, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I think the Gold City Junction should have been
included in the mix of re-releases due to the fact of the general store.
I also wished they also put out some of the smaller sets like you mention
below.

I agree. Although among all the medium and large western sets, I have only
constructed the Sehriff's Lockup, my impression is that the Gold City
Junction (6765)and the Fort Legoredo should be the best among all! I am
lucky to get an MISB of 6765 from a Korean seller in ebay recently at only
$65 (postage inclusive).  And I look forward to construct these two sets
this summer when I finish my exam in early June.

I think the general parts usage on the Indian sets is very much decreased.
The Teepees are nice and unique to that series, so in that respect it
might be worth looking into.  The Tribal Chief that they released along with
the other Western sets is very nice, nice black hand axe, horse, headdress,
black spear, shield, and bush all make this set worthwhile getting.

agree, but I think all these (including the Tepees and axes, horses, etc)
are really unique on their own for the Native Americans and hard to fit into
other sets like castle on whatever. And the playability is not high, though
they are really beautiful!

Me Too!!!  :)  (I also collect some trains, town, mindstorms...about the
only theme I don't collect (from the classic system line-up) is space.
The reason why I don't collect is not from dislike but from relative
unavailability of the classic sets at a reasonable price.  I had a set of
spacemen, a space craft (both in a value pack), and a Ice Planet 2002 set
(another from a 2 in 1 value pack).

Is the space sets popular in your country?

Trains should be interesting.  And among the Town sets I only like the old
one.  ( I think most of Lego fans like the old models, except the kids!)

Nice to meet you again.

Regards,Jackie