 Western/Wild West / 609
Re: Hello to Bruce Hietbrink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 15:49:38 GMT

Hi Bruce, thanks very much for your reply and really nice to meet you.

You also bought 6763 (the re-release version of Rapid River Villiage), so
this means you also, like me, started to collect the Western sets in the
past year but not when the theme was first released in 1996?

Really interested to see how you combined 6763 with the castles. Do you have
it on the net? Sorry I don't have a brickshelf or any webpage to show my
constructions yet, in fact among all my western sets, I have only
constructed the Sheriff's Lockup and some small sets.  Others are still in
the box. The reason is that Hong Kong is such a crowded place (nearly 7m
people living in a small island, you can imagine!!!) and I only live in a
flat of approx 400 sq ft and I only have a very small place to put up my
construction. And whenever I want to construct a new set, I have to demolish
to old one which I am very reluctant to do so.

Anyway I am going to create some MOC this summer and intend to post it on
web, will update all you Western fans then.

really nice to meet you.

P.S. "Frontier Patrols(cavalry builders)" do you mean those blue solidiers
in the Fort Legoredo set?

Jackie

In lugnet.western, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Welcome to Lugnet and to the Western theme.  I came to Western because I
bought a 6763 for parts for my Castle creations (lots of rocks, plants, good
baseplates).  I loved it so much that now I have most of the Western sets
(still need the Bandits' Secret Hideout and a bunch of Frontier Patrols
(cavalry builders)).  Fun!  Do you have a Brickshelf account or webpage to
show your creations?

Bruce