 Western/Wild West / 469
Re: Its alive...ITS ALIVE!!!!!!! (shoutouts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 06:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
Woohoo!  The life is back in the WW newsgroup!!  I love you guys.  Nate,
Joel, Dave Little, Greg, and the rest of you!  Every day I check this group
and pray for new posts, and bang, today is my lucky day!

It's been quiet around here... too quiet...

It is cool to see things taking off  - and it's mostly you, man. ;)

Sadly, I haven't anything in the near future to contribute. I'm slowly
gearing up to spend some time in .castle since most of my .space ideas for
the moment are exhausted. All I can do is offer encouragement to the rest of
you. If I work on more than one theme at a time I get nothing done on any of
'em. :)

  First, Nate, I love those Confederates.  that's a huge army, It must have
taken forever to sort through those RR sets!  What are you going to do with
all of the leftovers?  I begged someone to buy all my Leftover pieces on
Ebay.  The soldier taking it in the face from the cannon was an especially
surprising addition!  I always wonder how far is too far for lego violence
(you know we've all put the pirate saber between the torso and legs at home,
but we are all too chicken to post pic's) but you've done it in a
semi-comical way that shouldn't put anyone off. (maybe if his head was
off... I'm a sucker for little details and art direction, so I love your
town.  and the ship is great too.

I'll toss in my .02 as well.... I think those pics were excellent, too. And
I think that LEGO violence is something akin to Looney Tunes or Tom and
Jerry. In my case, when the time comes, my "parental advisory" (I believe)
would be "Comic Mischief" or some such. I mean no minifig really "dies",
y'know? Just like Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner. How many times did Wile E.
get hisself "Blowed up" or flattened.. and then the next moment he was right
back at it? The same thing happens with Tom and Jerry. People don't walk
away from getting hit multiple times with a frying pan.. but they do. My
minifigs are in the same boat.

For that matter my plastic army men got killed but were right back at it..
not all that different to me. But I'm rambling and as usual, mostly
off-topic. :)

  Greg, Thanks for the tip about Tuesday Morning.  They are quite sparse
here in the northwest, so I'll have to get over there right away.  That
Gabarro face is perfect for rough and tumble baddies.

Bah.. Central Ohio hasn't any of these stores... mutter mutter.. at least I
found some good deals (in general) at TRU this week!

  Joel, I loved the Looney tunes references. I laughed pretty hard at the
acme stuff.  I never realized how much of an influence those roadrunner
cartoons had on my idea of what the desert should look like.

Hehe.. you're welcome. When I saw your pic's it just 'clicked' - "Oh yeah...
it's just like Looney Tunes! cool!".  I still can't seem to get that darned
duck to sell me anything good. Just this bottle of hair tonic.. hey...
waidaminute!

I've just now started posting what I've been working on for about 6months,
so there is a lot of stuff going up right now.  I've been super busy with
work, so this is the first chance I've had to post.  I'm a little
overwhelmed by the response to the pirate village, but I'm excited about the
WW possibilities.  Those pumpkin packs are only 9 bucks, and that a lot of
parts.  using those pieces should really spice up the Native american sets!
Lets keep up the chatter in the ww!   Jon

I can't wait to see what else you've got in line to share - if it's anything
like the port or the desert, I'm going to cry with joy (and a smidgeon of envy).

So... what is everyone else working on?? :)

Joel J
"Acme - the impossible is our business"