 Western/Wild West / 465
Re: Its alive...ITS ALIVE!!!!!!! (shoutouts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:17:04 GMT

I understood that you weren't condemning the posting of the pictures, Jon.
I do agree with you on not showing the movie Glory to 10 year old kids.
They should be sheltered a little while longer before being exposed to that
type of violence.  I figured that since LUGNET is *primarily* adult users, I
was pretty safe in not exposing the pictures to younger children.  Besides
the parents should be watching their children to make sure they do not view
things they shouldn't be.  But this thread is for a whole other area so I
will get back to Wild West.
         I have a question for people though, does anyone have the
instructions to set #5978 Sphynx Secret Surprise?  I reason I ask is becuase
I recently purchased 5 tents from that set and the pieces to set up the
tents, but I have no idea how the tent is supposed to work.  So if anyone
could offer some insight into how to setup the tent using the pieces in the
set I would appreciate it.  The tents will be going towards my encampment
scence.  Thanks.
                  Nate

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
For me I see it as historical accuracy.
People really did die in the War and why shouldn't a model of a battle have
people being shot and killed.  No sense in hiding the fact.
I totally agree with you on this one Nate.  People did die, by ignoring that
fact, we can doom ourdelves to repeating history.  I wasn't condemning that
sort of thing, just wondering where my personal limits are for publishing it
(I should have been more clear in retrospect)in places where it is available
to people of all ages (who I believe should make the final descision).  Like
the film Glory.  A fairly accurate depiction, but not one I'd show to 10
year old Kids.