 Western/Wild West / 441
Re: Bayonet Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
I was torn using the divers knives for bayonets since most civil war era
bayonets were more of the "Tent peg" or "spike" Variety.  Since I have all
of those tool wheelsfrom the Rock Raider minifig paks, I tried using the
screwdriver, but it didn't look as brutish as the knives.  The knives on the
ww rifles with the pith helmets would make great British foreign legion
skirmishers though!

I'm so stoked that this place is lighting up with comments again! The main
torso that most of us are using seems to be the Gabarro torso from the river
raft and the river Expedition set.(speaking of which, has anyone come up
with a civil war fig wearing the black kepi that comes in the river
expedition?) Are there any other grey torsos that work from other themes?

I've got some stuff from a Zulu mock up using the pith helmets w\the red
imperial guards outfits  and Islanders, but where should those ttpes of pics
be posted to, Pirate?  Adventurers? (I got the Idea from David Little BTW).

Using the Johnny Thunder Torsos, The Hook Guy and the Tan Gail Storms
figures (each deset adv. set came with all three, so if you bought them all,
you've got plenty of tan and pith) I also mocked up a pre- WWI british
desert airstip / safari team.  I'll try to post pics sometime soon.

Jon Furman

(the most un wild west post ever)

Yes i saw the Gabarro torso on most, but i thought when people were refering
to the RR stuff that they had an identical torso. Oh well, i know thats
where you get the Kepis though. I might head out to My TRU today maybe some
mysteriously appeared. I saw hundreds upon hundreds at a TRU down in
pittsburgh last week(I ended up with a couple aquanaugts things for 5
dollars and a flying time vessle for 25 from that tru)  well if i am going
to make it before close i guess i should leave now. this is getting
interesting...

-Dan