 Western/Wild West / 439
Re: Bayonet Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.western, Dan Vogel writes:

maybe i could find some rock raiders mini fig packs(thats where you
pick up the torso and hats right? is there grey legs in that one too?) on
clearence or something(i haven't seen any in erie in a long time though...

Yes - the RR mini-fig pack (4930) includes one dark grey torso (even though
it's a little marred by having the yellow&black striping on one of the
pockets) and two pairs of dark grey legs.  And of course the kepi...

You might want to check any nearby TRU stores if you haven't been in them in
a while.  The local shop here in Richmond, VA didn't have any of the 4930
sets a few weeks back but when they started the RR clearance they suddenly
had about 40 copies (I've restrained myself so far and only grabbed 15 of 'em).

:(   )  But that could turn out like my plan to buy all the main villian
minifig from adventures i could, which ended up with having 25 guys with
hooks in my army, and never using the army for anything because i couldn't
figure out who they would be(maybe an english expedition force? Brit-Zulu
Wars? that was who utilitized the pith helmet I think... boy I am a lousy
history major! lol ) Has anyone else tried to make these torsos into an
army?

I haven't actually made any yet but I also had the idea of creating some
kind of Shaka Zulu set up by using the red Imperial soldier torsos with the
pith helmet.  I've been trying to collect some Islander figures to go up
against the Empire.

Right now  my union forces rule everything, i have too many. (My
friend counted 124, but i refuse to count because i will get the urge to buy
more.

I wish I knew where I could get more Union troops.  They seem pretty scarce
on Brickbay - if you have any suggestions you're willing to share I'd
appreciate it.  My other idea was to try and build up and excess of
confederates and see if someone wanted to trade.

Greg