 Western/Wild West / 435
Re: Bayonet Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:54:37 GMT

In lugnet.western, Jon Furman writes:
Greg, • .......
A real confederate artillery would have red kepi's, do you guys think the
pirate bandana would look too cheesy?

LMKWYT!     Jon

Hey Everybody,
   The Confederate artillery doesn't necessarily have to have red kepi's.
They can have any color hat really, but they do have some sort of red
marking on them.  Some wore a red band around a grey kepi, or around a grey
or brown "cowboy" style hat.  There were so many style uniforms and hats in
the Confederate army it is very difficult to try and model them all for a
LEGO army.  I love the pictures though everybody.  I am trying to build my
army up now.  I have around 30 Union soldiers and 14 Confederates.  Didn't
mean to step on anybody's toes, just thought I would post what I know.  Here
is a link for a Confederate reenactment artillery group:
http://home.kc.rr.com/collinsbattery/uniform.html
The page lists uniform requirments.

Peace Love LEGO,

Nate