 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 126 (-20)
  Re: SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

The second batch of pictures have been merged with the first, so you will need to go through all 125 of them to catch the 56 new ones posted on Sunday. Note the inner sanctum of the layout (picture 123) which is not visible from outside the layout (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

More pictures have been added to the site! There are now 125 images of our mountain layout. - Thomas (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

We've done another show! (And it's still happening!) On November 9-10, 2002, the Southern California LEGO Train Club displayed their mountain layout at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena, California. (Wait a second... today's the 9th, so why am I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  Re: SCLTC Closes Out 2002 With 2 Public Displays!

SCLTC Year End Public Displays The SCLTC is proud to announce that our multi-level “mountain town” will be on public display at the following locations: November 10, 2002 Toy Train Operating Society Annual Cal-Stewart Meet (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Pirates Festival at Mission San Juan Capistrano

Cross posting the attached announcement. Ray (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

It is very tall from behind. Initially that side was going up against a wall, so it wasn't going to matter as much. Transporting SCLTC layouts is getting easier. We have built crates that hold fully populated 30 inch wide tables. The crates have (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Mark- The same layout will be at the ATC show in Pasadena during the second weekend of November (open to the public on Sunday). An expanded version will be on display at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum for all of December. Hope you can drop by! (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC to present at BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to present BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Yep, your right, the Special Edition Naboo fighter was making a few strafing runs towards the end of the show. I'm not sure if we have any photo's of it, but there was a Imperial Shuttle sighting in the campground as well. Robert Powell (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) layout. I'll have to look into this, for next thing you know we might be invaded by Imperial Star Destroyers! (...) If it weren't we wouldn't be a LEGO Space Club... er... wait. =) - Thomas (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Thanks! We put a lot of effort in to it, and over a relatviely short amount of time. We had only about 3 months to order bricks and build the layout after the initial proposal! (...) The layout would be huge, but quite empty! All of the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Nice! I'm just wondering, what is the yellow object in top-left of this pic (URL) it LEGO? ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

This layout is great! Man, if you unstack all the levels and were to put them side-to-side, this layout would be huge. Huge layout, nice details, and beautiful sculpting. I think my favourite is the dam scene. Thanks for the pictures. later, James (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Those slopes would never work for the GMLTC -- we get too much snow in the Winter... <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) Indeed, this layout is amazing! I love the beachfront area and three-dimensional aspect. I don't envy the drivers who get to drive up that hill of slopes. I'd have to say my favorite detail is seen in this pic: (URL) with the stairs leading to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) The back side is approximately 5' high. We discussed steps and cutting the legs down but we concluded both would be a lot of work and decided to let the parents put their kids on their shoulders for now. It's definiently an issue we will be (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

(...) A lot of people use laptops, where 1024x768 is most common, and that still required scrolling. Most of the time, I didn't bother since I could see enough of the image. Older folks also usually run at lower resolutions so they can read text (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

OH MY GOSH!!! That is cool!! I hope I get a chance to finally go over to the Discovery Center and see it for real. So what do you guys do with it afterward? Will you rebuild it at BricksWest? Take Care, Mark Assi Noah's Toy Box (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Wow, looks great! Very nice job. How tall is the layout on the back side? Did you have any steps or anything so that visitors (mainly short ones) could see the detail on the top? It looks like that would be a real nightmare to transport and set up. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact