 Trains / Train Organizations / 254
Re: Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 06:52:12 GMT

Hello to all the other GMLTC members.  I really should read this group more
often (I spend way too much time on robotics).

Anyways, I won't be able to make the LaCrosse show (again :-( ) due to a
conflict with one of my local shows.  Just to let those Chicagoans reading this
group know, there are two excellent model railroad shows in Chicago this March.

  NMRA Fox Valley Division Highwheeler Model Train Show
  March 3 & 4, 2000 9:00am - 5:00pm
  Harper College
  Schaumburg

  NMRA DuPage Division All-American Model Train Show
  March 19th 10:00am - 5:00pm
  Lyons Township High School Fieldhouse
  LaGrange

I'll be displaying my Lego layout at both shows.  This small, Southern cousin
of the big GMLTC layout has been affectionately refered to as "GMLTC South".  I
believe March 19th will be the first time that a Lego train club has displayed
at two shows simultaneously.  If anyone is in the Chicago area either of these
weekends, please bring your family and stop by!

- Brian Williams

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, John Neal writes:
Yes, I think we all should "check in" and see who is lurking in here!
Hmm, I guess if one posted then they would no longer be considered a
lurker....

Anyway, thanks to Paul Foster for all of his work in organizing the web
site and offering space.  A fest is definitely in order!  What would
people say to a fest in La Crosse, WN?  How far is that away from the
Chicago area?  I'm assuming it's closer than the Twin Cities.  The GMLTC
will be at a train show there this Spring.  Thoughts?

-John

Tim Courtney wrote:

Thought I'd get the first word in here, but unlike other 'first'
posts, I *am* part of the local group I'm posting to ;)

Thanks Todd!

Hopefully this will help GLMUG organize a little bit more and hold
some fests as well :) <hint>

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org