 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 641 – 660 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The only issue with this is that standard catenary has a single wire to deliver current, and metal rails act as the "ground" for the circuit. One could instead adopt a setup like that used for electric buses in cities such as San Francisco, (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: 9v Train status report.

(...) SNIP (...) I'd be a lot less worried if I knew Jake was still working for TLG. It may be my imagination but it seems like every SAH-exclusive/LEGO-Direct 9V train-related product that was produced in the last 5-6 years has had Jake's (...) (19 years ago, 1-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Merry 9V Christmas!

(...) Actually, there were only 3 LEGO boxes under the tree this year for Ross ((URL) 8652>, (URL), (URL) 8420>). I continue to receive my presents from Bricklink stores;-) (...) Fantastisch! As you probably know, all of the TCLTC's layout figs are (...) (19 years ago, 29-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

(...) Actually, it is both worse and better than that. Going 8 wide means going longer, too. That means that trains will be 78% larger, assuming that height remains the same. I would figure that it would be about twice as big as a 6 wide train. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

(...) Just off the top of my head, I have the following thoughts on a prospective new train system. Benn On the batteries: -I am concerned that the weight of batteries could limit long trains. So the battery weight will be just as important as it's (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hi Ed, I went on testing your proposal. It works so fine, I planned to introduce Amaury Jacquot's modification of Chris Alano's mechanism you use to reduce a little bit the footprint (expecially the width) of the power unit. You will see that (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: 9v Motor Placement Help

(...) You could also put two motors under one of the A units (I did that with my CNW f-unit, though I can't find any good pictures to prove it). I've pulled over 30 cars with the normal LEGO magnets, but it is pushing the limit of their strength. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: 9v train idea book: I might be making one, anyone interested?

Jonathan, I, too, have had an idea such as this, although I have put it on the back burner with regards to my other projects. I do have a few suggestions: #1 - back off on the regulations. Just because DAT files are not available doesn't mean a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) Absolutely. It's called "building an addition on your house". Seriously, though, it is entirely possible to run LEGO trains outside (our club has been involved in three separate outdoor displays that I know of, two of which I've participated (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  (canceled)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) Sounds like a fun layout! I really like the kind of tracks where the train _really_ travels some distance and you have to move to keep the train in view :-) Trains running from one room to another are big fun! :-) (...) I'm thinking of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

(...) Why can't it be both? Imagine, if you will, a track system that's designed based around the 12v components, but with the ends of the rails being shaped to couple with the 9v/RC track instead. (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Doug, CURRENT RCX are 8 studs wide. But if they make one specifically for trains, they don't have to worry about batteries, and can make it much smaller (think Scout size, or even multiple modules). The regulator on that type of system would just (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.209)

  Re: Future of LEGO Trains ? was Re: Model Railroad Scenery

Oh oh oh...another problem with 8 wide (main reason I am avoiding it): anyone recall how many engines John uses for his 8 wide stuff? Eight wide is going to weight a lot (unless there is exstensive use of thinwalls). Eight wide trains are going to (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: Some 9V questions of a 12V user

"Ferdinand Geronimo" <fgw@dds.nl> wrote in message news:GHLGzs.Bt2@lugnet.com... (...) do (...) I (...) track, (...) I was also a 12V fan at one time and ran into the same questions. It is very unfortunate that set 7860 signal light does not exist (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: New Press Release about Power Function Trains

(...) This was precisely what I was discussing with Abner at a recent show. What happens with the IR trains at a show like Brickworld? I have to admit that it will be pretty funny to mess another layout's trains...for the first 5 minutes. Once the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: Porting MRC/Digitrax to LEGO trains

(...) We have some of that here in Edmonton, Canada. I think 3 of our members have DCC rigs, and more have DCC-modified trains. The mainlines on our train layouts have been DCC for several years - we use the old 9V analog stuff for independent (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: Home layouts

(...) Hi Paul ... welcome to the world of LEGO trains. My sons (11 & 12 y.o.) and I have a lot of trains ... ten locomotives and about 45 freight cars and 11 passenger cars ... plus stations, loaders, etc. They get set up in either the living room (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: 4.5v upgraded to 9v - ideas welcome.

Hi again, I appreciated the advice I got last time I asked about trains, earlier in this thread, now I would like some more help. I have built a 6-wide MOC of what I hope resembles an EMD SD-90MAC Canadian Pacific locomotive using the old 4.5v (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

That may all be true (but I would point out that last I heard, Lionel is alive and well, yet there are folks who only do vintage tinplate Lionel), but my main point is that by chosing to be 100% pure to a single manufacturer, we are totally at the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 3.208)

More:  Next Page >>