 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 601 – 620 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track

(...) Hi all, Ive seen last weekend someone who showed me some brass train wheels. Verry nice done, fitting on the standard steel axle from the cars. I gave him some tips: isolate the wheels from the steel axle and use brass contacts on the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.876)

  Re: Converting an Emerald Knight to run on 9 volt track

(...) Peter- Very cool. And "they" said it could not be done! Question: What about leaving the 9V motor unit intact and still running a wire from it to the Emerald Night's motor, giving 2 motors in parallel with more pulling power and saving the (...) (15 years ago, 30-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.876)

  Re: Reducing voltage

(...) You have to be careful here. The controller is designed to take AC or DC, but the input diodes that that convert the AC to DC are only rated for 1 Amp (1000 milliampres). Make sure your transformer/wallwart is not rated for more than this. (...) (15 years ago, 24-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

9v
(score: 0.875)

  An Arctic Adriatic... (2-6-4)

"Hi. My name is Ted, and I'm a Lugnet Train Forum lurker. It has been nearly two years since my last post..." =) With the recent discussion on increasing the forum activity, I thought I'd do my part and post this recent MOC here. Those of you on (...) (15 years ago, 24-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.875)

  Re: Reducing voltage

(...) I think this is how you want to do it. A simple solution would be to go to Radio Shack, and buy a couple large ceramic resistors. (not sure the values you'd want, but something low). Then, take a normal 9v wire, cut it, and insert the (...) (15 years ago, 23-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

9v
(score: 0.875)

  Re: What's the difference between 139 and 139A

See here (URL) this has been discussed before (URL) <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:HE9w8n.zE@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.873)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes: <snip some description> (...) Jeff, great work! I have managed an automated working layout of one loop with parallel siding and two alternating running trains. The two trains run in opposite (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.873)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

I've used a Centerline track cleaner for years with my N-Gauge trains. Their products are well designed and well made. And the people that own the company are a delight to deal with and always ready to strike a conversation at shows. But I have to (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.870)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Tony, If you search back through the .trains and .rcx newsgroups, you'll find a few scattered gems on the topic of RCX control of 9V trains. I'll summarize some of the basics for you here: The Mindstorms RCX microcontroller brick provides (...) (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

9v, trains
(score: 0.868)

  Re: Lifetime of incandescent 9v LEGO lights?

Todd, I only recently discovered the 9V "Light & Sound" system and have been thinking about that question myself. I've been acquiring used 9V lights recently and some bulbs do seem dimmer than others. But I don't know what the life expectancy is. It (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.868)

  A couple of scratch-built track links.

Ran across this interesting hack, turning O-gauge flex track into Lego track: (URL) got out the calipers and measured some 9V rail. Code 250 rail is almost exactly the right height, although different profile of course. Here is a source for Code 250 (...) (15 years ago, 11-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.868)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) I would have actually preferred to motorize this locomotive with Power Functions, and I still plan to, but unfortunately my funds are such that I cannot afford to buy the parts I need. The tender cannot accept a AA battery PF battery box, so (...) (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.866)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) I think someone needs to just go to some plastics manufacturers (molding, 3d printing, whatever) and say "this is what we want, how much would it cost for a mold or design and how much would it cost per unit" I think that if someone said "We (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.866)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) There has been a lot of DISCUSSION on molding new track, but what we need is an actual demonstration of a technique that works and produces a real product. Anyone producing good quality 9V LEGO compatible track will find that there is a (...) (15 years ago, 27-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.865)

  Star Wars & 9v Train BRAND NEW SETs

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The higher end items are being put on ebay and you can see the rest here: (URL) These are all NEW IN BOX on eBay Star Wars #4483 AT-AT (URL) Star Wars #4482 AT-TE (URL) Star (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.864)

  PennLUG at the Greenberg Train Show in York, Pennsylvania January 12th and 13th

The (URL) Pennsylvania LEGO Users Group> is going to be displaying at the Greenberg Train Show in York PA on the 12th and 13th at the York Expo Center. Our layout will be featuring our (URL) class LEGO trains> including many (URL) steam engines> and (...) (12 years ago, 1-Jan-13, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.863)

  Selling New In Box LEGO Collection

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The list is very long to list here so I'm only going to list the themes that are available and give you a link to where you can see full details, images and more. Adventure Sets (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western, lugnet.sports, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

9v
(score: 0.862)

  Re: questions about swapping rubber bands

(...) Hi Cary, that sounds not to good... :-( (...) I always swapped all 4 rubber bands (at maybe 33% of all my motors - especially those that have not too much ballast but shall pull longer trains). (...) Only on 9V nowadays. In the past a few (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.862)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) (URL) Larry, do you post/read there? (URL) ) (...) Yup, except that the train in that picture is not mine (I don't know who owns the train in the picture)... The trains in this picture are mine: (URL) the back (right side) of the picture you (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.862)

  Re: Video of B&O Museum Holiday Festival of Trains Layout

(...) It's an awesome vid! Nice layouts! Dave K (12 years ago, 5-Dec-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

trains
(score: 0.860)

More:  Next Page >>