 Trains / 30976
Re: Reducing voltage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:12:48 GMT

Our club lets kids run the controller for one of the lines when we do certain
events

Failing that, would there be a safe way to step the power down _after_ it comes
out of the regulator?

I think this is how you want to do it.  A simple solution would be to
go to Radio Shack, and buy a couple large ceramic resistors.  (not
sure the values you'd want, but something low).  Then, take a normal
9v wire, cut it, and insert the resistors in line.  Functionally it
would be the same as inserting a second motor in line, but with no
moving parts.

I suspect it may get warm/hot, with continued use, but it's designed to do that.

Hope that helps
Steve