  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

From the Jan. 2002 S@H Catalog page 31: "The more you but, the more you SAVE! Buy any 5 bags, save 5% Buy any 10 bags, save 10% Buy any 15 bagsm save 15% On any bulk elements packs purchased from pages 30-31 including baseplates! " -AHui (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

save
(score: 1.387)

  Hogworts Express Conversion?

I just saw the new fall shop at home catalog and the hogworts express set description states that the train will not run on 9V track. In the picture of the set it appears that the train is built on the standard long train bases. I would think that (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.386)

  Re: 12 volt track

(...) Which begs the question (or asks for it nicely, anyway): Has anybody ever had any problems with the contacts in 9v train motors getting dirty / corroded? ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.386)

  Re: Hogworts Express Conversion?

"John Furlong" <john.t.furlong@lmco.com> wrote in message news:GJv7KG.9C3@lugnet.com... (...) picture (...) of (...) I saw that as well. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the instructions for the HE would contain information on how to add regular (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.386)

  Re: HP HE: licensing not cost (wasHogwarts ..?

To answer the original question regarding 9v disparity -- as answered by an inside person with whom I spoke... It was a matter of licensing. WBros granted another toy train mfr exclusive rights to market an electric toy train model of the HE. dan (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.386)

  Re: Help on 8-wide baseplate

(...) Chris, Have a look here for what formed the foundation of my DB 212 locomotive and the non-powered wheels: (URL) side skirting hangs one plate lower than the bottom of the 6x28 train baseplate (which, by the way should be the newer train plate (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.383)

  Automated Points - Information

Hi all, Can someone give me some reference about how to automate points (9V), both with pneumatic system or motors? TIA, Pedro (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.383)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You're right, I didn't understand the specifics, and this is why I'm not an electrical engineer. So, to summarize, the wall wart that plugs into the wall reduces 120v of AC electricity from the wall to 12v AC. Then, the train controller (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.383)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Pedro, Feel free to ask away here if you want-I'm sure having msg's to refer back to here wouldn't hurt. I know there are some people who frown on it because it is not a pure lego system, but to me, the advantages of digital outweigh the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

9v
(score: 1.383)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) The issue raises lots of questions (but doesn't *beg* any). Presumably you get numbered decals to put on the engine? And a certificate that goes with those numbers? Would there be a market for just the numbered items if you decided to part (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.382)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

"Tobias Möller" <tobias.moller@telia.com> wrote in message news:3BC3231E.EC7252...lia.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I was unable to find the original article but I seem to recall a statement (it might have been from someone who paraphrased Brad (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.382)

  Re: Digital Controls

ontrollers can your system have at once? (...) up (...) Nope- they are under a separate pool. With the DCC system I have, you can have up to 9982 DCC equipped mobile decoders at once (plus one analog one...although, if you have 9982 DCC decoders, I (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.382)

  Re: Old engine

(...) power unit in the tender to pick up power and transmits it to the 12v motor with a hybrid wire. The arms wiggle up and down as it cruises down the track, and it's hilarious to watch at high speed. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.381)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

I've also used this solution for some switching setups, and found it quite useful. I can answer some questions, but the cost is that I'll ask a new one. No explosions, the motors work fine at 12v. I've even taken one up to 14v with no ill effects, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.380)

  Track combos

Hi all, Can someone tell me what were the reference #s of the two 9V track combos that LEGO used to sell? (does TLC still sell them?) TIA, Pedro (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.380)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) Well, I want to modify mine to output a constant 9V for powering technic motor gadgets (e.g. point motors). I've just got some polarity switches, and I want to fit them on my controller. I've been advised to wire up my own 9V regulator with a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.380)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) One might think that the settings (based on 9v max) are 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, and 9, but they aren't. I cannot remember where the scale starts on the speed controller, but I think it is around 3V. Below that setting (3V?), there just isn't (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.380)

  Re: GO-Transit Commuter Rail Car

(...) Thanks, I'm currently working on making them look less boxie and more rounded like the real cars. I'm also trying to talk the others in the group into modifying the corners on our layout so this train can actually run around the track. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.380)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

The throttle would not have steps, it'd be a clean smooth sweep from 0v to 9v. The IR receiver would make it so any $5 universal remote could be used to control speed and direction. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.379)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) I'd be interested in a pulsed controller, but only at a fairly low price. Also I'd want a steady 9V take-off for running my point motors. Not so sure about the IR, but it would be cool if the IR actually rotated the dial, like my stereo's IR (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.379)

More:  Next Page >>