 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1521 – 1540 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) My final verdict? 1.Continue current 9V line with optional DCC upgrade (decoders in the power trucks). 2.Offer couplers similar to Aristo-Craft G-scale trains(spring-loaded knuckle couplers)with option of continuing with current magnetic (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: (In)compatibility of RC Trains and Power-Functions

(...) I tried to run the SLTC trains from my bull-dozer controller at our last public show but was unsuccessfull on all channels. I have not tried the RC train controller to drive my bull dozer but i doubt it would work. I susspect the signals are (...) (17 years ago, 14-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

(...) Point of view? I enjoy working with my LEGO trains. I put out a lot of work in 'abusing' my trains to do a show, both for the visitor and mine own pleasure. The model Railroad Hobby is the largest Hobby in the world. It is done almost in every (...) (17 years ago, 4-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: lugnet.trains FAQ

(...) Hi Cary, Thanks for the effort to create a Trains FAQ! The list of questions you have posted is very complete, there was no question I could think of that wasn't already listed here. I have added some notes to a few questions: (...) In most (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) *will* license with Kadee® to produce trucks and couplers which will fit O scale track. After that, you are on your own, and we will release 10 new locos/cars a year." (...) Ick. Worst possible solution, because it renders 30 years of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 10-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Gee, I hope LEGO carries on with their line of trains. I'm just glad I'm back in! -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Wow, great list, Remko. I would like to second all of these suggestions. Together they are relatively simple and easy to impliment, and they will work well for kids and adults. I really like the "assemble it yourself" metal track idea - great, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.610)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G5AGqn.IpD@lugnet.com... (...) If TLC can create a language for children powerful enough to control Technic robots, I'm confident they can also make a similar type for trains. Also if (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.610)

  (In)compatibility of RC Trains and Power-Functions

I am trying to determine whether there is any compatibility between the RC trains infrared remote-control protocol and the Power-Functions infrared-protocol. Does anybody know definitely whether a Power-Functions transmitter has any effect on an (...) (17 years ago, 14-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Man, you guys at the GMLTC must know someone. I remember when I was all excited about the DUPLO trains being a good sign and in would jump Mr. Neigh-Saying 8-Wide to spread doom and gloom, but even he changed his tune a week or two ago (sorry (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) In one way this is good news. A new transformer means that trains will continue in one form or another. My guess is that the 'new' transformer will include some expansion port like the grey 12V transformer. This matches with other rumours I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: Ross Neal's 18th today:-0

(...) If we can jump down :e:'s throat about posting in the wrong group... From the lugnet.trains newsgroup charter: "Train mania: products (information, opinions, reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models and (...) (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Thats what I told the folks at the Greenberg show last weekend. Many of them ran off with a piece of track to measure it but I never asked what they came up with. Just say its "LEGO" gauge because Minifigs aren't to scale with "us" anyway (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I _don't think_ it will die. There is some very favorable evidence (stand up you six apostles of Lego trains...) that we may get some of what you mocked up. (at least, I am hoping) As well, now that S@H has instituted delivery in Germany, it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.609)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The linear regulator inside is a 1.5A version if I remember well, but I may be wrong. Cross posted to lugnet.trains trying to get train guru opinion... Philo (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.608)

  Re: More obscure diesel variants (BoCo)

(...) Not a real one, but (in a shameless self-plug) my model of one won a prize at Hull model railway show last November. Here it has red buffer beams, like the illustrations of BoCo in the Awdry books: (URL) For the official prize photo I changed (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save
(score: 0.608)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) You are right, the main limitation probably comes from wall wart... You are essentially right for the 0.7A current (though it is not hard limit, rather a safety one). Philo (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.608)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) This reminds me - has anyone built a fully functioning overhead rail electric train layout where the power is provided by the overhead wires like this: (URL) This would alleviate the need for powered rails and do away with the battery issue. (...) (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.608)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

(...) My point is that TLG should continue with the 9volt system until a new system is developed and available. Showing off our train layouts at train shows and telling visitors that it is discontinued for 2+ years will turn off the buying public (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.608)

  Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist

(...) Maybe (big 'maybe' of course) there is 2 years or so of stock left of current track and motors and all. They are still selling track in old dark grey afterall - quite a while after the color change has happened. This doesn't appear to help the (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.608)

More:  Next Page >>