 Trains / 8839
Re: Discontinued Train Items??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:24:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rose Regner writes:

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote in message ...
7. (This is the message you have read):
Flyers were found in some shops,  which told, that points and crossings • will
not be discontinued as planned, but 4533, 4557 and 4553 will do. Also the • whole
Basic line ends with this year.

I'm am a little confused. The points and crossings are not discontinued but
the entire train line is discontinued? How can this be?

Those three sets are not the whole line: there are still 4560/4561, 4541, 4556
and 4557. And discontinued sets make room for new sets.

Lots of people where waiting for improved points (better geometry or remote
controlled), after they got to know the discontinueing story. That hope might
be gone now.....

Could a new monorail be coming?

personally I would doubt it and do not see the need for it. But that's just my
2 pennies...

I wish Lego would tell us if the trains in
general are going to continue.

Jake McKee gave a hint on possible new train releases
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/de/?n=282

This leads us to believe that they are gone,
gone, gone. This has been the only official word from Lego on trains.

I have lots of spares out of 3 copies of each 4559, 4564 and 4563 and each over
25 copies of 3225 and 2126.
So if the train line should die in 2001 I will survive it without getting in
too much trouble.  ;-)

Be prepared!

Ben