 Trains / 6410
Re: P42DC Amtrak Loco with SOUND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh wrote:

I will have to agree with Larry on this one, that does "rock". I didn't even
know the Code Pilot had sound, very cool indeed!

Are you kidding?  That's mostly what my kids did with it, the first day
they got it.  They'd build for awhile, then go off and program the Code
Pilot Unit to play "Hot Cross Buns".

Steve

See I learn something here on LUGNET everyday. I looked at the barcode truck
but never found the interest to purchase one. Am I correct that the barcodes
used by the Code Pilot aren't any of the standard bar codes? I would love to
be able to use the Code Pilot to track and inventory my trains as they are
running on the layout. But since if it doesn't use standard barcode types I
can't print up my own barcode lables.

I too had this idea but on receipt of my first Code Pilot unit it would appear
that 'reading' moving items such as trains might be a bit too tricky. Another
idea is to pre-program the unit for use as a 'shuttle' which reverses
direction when the contact sensors are activated and runs totally independant
of the 9v track-powered trains.

Nice work on this train, a SOUND idea....

Jon

Maybe if I find one marked down one day I'll pick one up. They have them at
the Georgia LEGO Outlet store, but still kind of pricey. I'd rather spend the
money on Mindstorms.

jt