 Trains / 6363
Re: P42DC Amtrak Loco with SOUND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:46:17 GMT

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote:
I just uploaded pictures of my latest train creation.  I modeled the
P42DC Amtrac locomotive seen here:

Very nice model, Kevin. Really cool.

Sound is provided by a Code Pilot from 8479.  Getting the Code Pilot to • fit in
a 6 wide train  was not easy.  I had to use various thin wall/equivelant
elements so the buttons and connectors would clear.  Even still, there was • no
way to clear the motor output connector without seriously impacting looks
so I removed it.  It snaps out easially once the unit is disassembled,
with no wires to cut.  It can be snaped back in just as easially.
I also had to drop down the center of the wagon plate about two plates
so it would clear the roof.

Would removing the battery cover help a bit in getting the CP to fit inside?

Mario