 Trains / 6371
Re: P42DC Amtrak Loco with SOUND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:55:34 GMT

Excellent model, Kevin!  Nice work.  I've got to check my parts now to see how
close I'll come to the 40 stud drop plate you designed...

I seem to recall that when I saw this P42DC Amtrak engine in person last year,
the single exhaust fan that you refer to was pretty loud.  I thought (from
ground level) that there were multiple fans on that baby, but I was able to get
an overhead view of it, and it had one big loud fan.  It could use more than
one, so I liked your model the way it was!

Thanks again,
Ed

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.trains, Kevin Loch writes:
I just uploaded pictures of my latest train creation.  I modeled the
P42DC Amtrac locomotive seen here:

I originally tried to duplicate the color scheme in that picture but
it look so good.  Instead I used the classic 4558 color scheme:

It's built on a custom 40 stud drop-down wagon plate and includes lights,
spinning fans and authentic diesel sound.

Oops, I just looked at an overhead picture of a real P42DC, and
it apparently only has one fan.  I'll have to delete the aft fan.

KL