 Trains / 4854
Re: UK Reddifest Train Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:48:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
From humble beginnings...

Amongst the pictures of the recent LegoFest held by a small group of AFOLs in
the UK are several of a train layout with some custom trains and stations.

That large station rocks! The paired station tracks with the large platforms
are neato. The platforms may be a bit wide, but using the large pieces is the
only way to go, the mind boggles at the number of gray plates and bricks that
would be otherwise required.

Is british proto practice typically to use pairs of tracks? US practice
sometimes uses only a single track (which puts platforms on both sides of the
train, sometimes a handy thing.

++Lar