 Trains / 340
Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:47:33 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36902568.13481231@lugnet.com>...

Here are four 1999 non-U.S. train sets available in the Netherlands:

  1.  Snow remover on the track:

  2.  Train wash equipment:

It's different (heard that before) but why are they using a green baseplate
instead of a grey one?  I guess it's a case of juniorization.

  3.  Train station:

I don't think it's that bad looking.  Just perform some modifications (an
additional dock plate w/ a ramp and some red bricks to get rid of the
rounded corners) and it will look decent.

  4.  Container crane platform:

Boy, they really screwed up here!  On crane sets like the 4555 and 7823 you
could move the entire crane on both X and Y axis (Z moving up or down).  For
some junior reason, they didn't do it, only foreward or back, no more left
or right.  Don't we already have a fixed crane that comes with 4565? I'm
adding elements of the 7823 if I get this set.

Scans contributed by Paul Wolters.  Source: 1999 NL catalog.

--Todd