 Trains / 339
Re: Train Jr?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:17:15 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ...

Have to get a closer look when I'm at work with a T1.  I did have a chance • to
notice the snow plow.  It looks like there is a special wheel between the
other two.

I had a look at the cat in hand.

Looks like a regular 24 tooth gear in black.

Perhaps it is used to drive the blade on the snow plow?

Suppose so, but strange because it seems to slip.

That
would be cool.  Also the train wash has a 9v symbol on it.  Does that mean • the
rotatry brushes are motorized?

No! Probably just means it's part of the 9V train system.

Guess we can pretty much wash away all the rumors of the train line being
discontinued.  :)

Also, I wouldn't quite call the sets train jr.  Just a little more on the • play
side then realism side.  All in all, I consider Lego trains a toy train and
not a model train.

I think there is definite JR contamination, not just a matter of play vs
realism.

Eric Brok