 Trains / 416
Re: Train Jr?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 00:31:58 GMT

"Matthew Bates" <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote about the new 4553 Train
Wash Equipment:

Eric Brok writes:

quoting someone else:

Also the train wash has a 9v symbol on it.  Does that mean the
rotatry brushes are motorized?

No! Probably just means it's part of the 9V train system.

No, I think it's because it includes 9V track pieces which are considered as
electrical parts of the 9V train system. This makes it incompatible with
previous train systems.

If it is just the track, like we think, it is fairly simple to just pop
the 9V tracks and lay the 4.5 or 12V equivalents.  I've done this
several times in the other direction, pulling out 4.5V and 12V track and
putting in the current 9V ones.

The only time I had a problem was with the 7834 12V Manual Crossing.
This set had a integrated ramp and track bed piece.  I had to remove it
and replace with 6x4 extremely low slopes, which were a different size
than the original.  Other than that, it still looks good.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net