 Trains / 333
Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 02:42:47 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Here are four 1999 non-U.S. train sets available in the Netherlands:

   1.  Snow remover on the track:

Who knows what TLG will call it, but in US parlance, this is a Rotary.
This image is better than the one we had before, (mirror Spock's) and it
is now clear, to me anyway, that the unit is not powered, but that the
middle wheel picks up motion from the track.  Again, Will C. did it
right, this is a bit of an abomination, but cute nonetheless. Real
Rotaries are massive, loud, and rather unforgettable. I have never had
the privilege of seeing one live, but even on video tape they are
amazing.

   2.  Train wash equipment:

In US parlance, this is a "wash rack". This one is pretty close to
prototypical, at least as to the arrangment of brushes, although I'd
prefer something sprung or hydraulic instead of those little bogies.
Good source of brushes, brush holders, brush axles and small train
wheels. I imagine I will get a number of these as I want to expand my
Gas N Wash Express. To make a truly prototypical wash rack, buy three of
these, put the brushes in a row, and then arrange for some high pressure
nozzles to rinse, and to spray the undercarriages.

   3.  Train station:

Blech. Cute flag though, and lots of red 2x2 rounds. Nobody uses trikes
for baggage.

   4.  Container crane platform:

And finally the most ridiculous of all. Really, thats all I can say. Bet
I buy some anyway. I'm such a sucker.

Scans contributed by Paul Wolters.  Source: 1999 NL catalog.

Thanks, Paul!

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.