 Trains / 31463 (-20)
  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) My favorite locomotive is Green Mountain Railroad's #405, an old Alco RS1 that used to belong to the Rutland Railroad. It doesn't have a particularly nice livery (it's green with a yellow stripe), and it's not particularly nice to look at (...) (13 years ago, 28-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) My favorite locomotive is the classic western style "American" class 4-4-0 and the later evolution, the 4-6-0 in the classic black (sometimes with red highlights) and yes I have attempted to build a few examples of the type (and I have plans (...) (13 years ago, 28-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Chrome Super Chief?

There's a guy on Bricklink who sells chrome pieces. 2 + 2 = has anyone already done this? -R (13 years ago, 28-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's your favorite locomotive?

(...) Alco PA in ATSF Warbonnet. I've made an FA (2 axle trucks, shorter nose) a few (too many) years back, It is on Brickshelf... (URL) and MOCPages ... (URL) along with the rest of the consist. Unfortunately the whole train is a trailer queen, (...) (13 years ago, 28-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

(...) Thank you very much. (13 years ago, 27-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

(...) Some of the modifications I made was to fix some of the friction issues on the front and back trucks of the engine. When powered by the drive wheels with a Power Functions XL motor they are not that big of an issue. When the whole engine is (...) (13 years ago, 27-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  What's your favorite locomotive?

What's your favorite locomotive and livery, and have you made a LEGO version? Mine would be an EMD SD40-2 in UP livery. I made a 7 wide version 10 years ago. Wish I could find the photos. Which is funny, because of two things. Growing up in the (...) (13 years ago, 27-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Self Portrait

(...) Wait a second... Tony, I thought you never used numbers smaller than 8 (grin). Nice. (13 years ago, 27-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

(...) A very fine MoC. Benn (13 years ago, 27-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

(...) Hi Mike, Nice done. Train runs verry well as can be seen in the video. I noticed that the doughter was also enjoying it by jumping over the track :) Regards, Ludo (13 years ago, 26-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

I wanted to "Americanize" the Emerald Night so I basically made a cross between the official set and the (URL) Southern Crescent>. I also remade the dining car with doors in the ends instead of an opening and a complete overhaul of the roof. I then (...) (13 years ago, 23-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Where did the LEGO train history pages go?

"Why did LEGO move to battery operated trains?" I thought it was because EU regulations state that "trains that pick up from the track are not recommended for children under eight years old." It is all to do with Health & Safety - Playmobil made the (...) (13 years ago, 21-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Self Portrait

(URL) --Tony (13 years ago, 21-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Where did the LEGO train history pages go?

Looks like Ben's pages (referenced in the sidebar) on fgltc are no more? I just wrote an answer in Quora (URL) wanted to link to the history... I think there was an archive on the ngltc.org pages but that site now is reported by Google as unsafe. (...) (13 years ago, 20-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  RAILBRICKS Issue #10 Available for Download

RAILBRICKS Issue #10 is now available for download. The new issue can be found on the newly updated RAILBRICKS website: (URL) -Elroy (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Train layouts

(...) Thanks. (Although my contribution only was a single house.) (...) I am toying with an idea, where I want to print the foundations of a (highly detailed, possibly fractal) landscape on a 3D printer, and then only use LEGO for the "top-soil". It (...) (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brick or Treat!

(...) Nice scene! Play well, Jacob (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO killed the train club

(...) I think the one distinct advantage that NMRA 2005 had was that it was centrally located for just about every club on the east coast, and a good chunk of the midwest. I know 2013 will in Atlanta during July 14-20, and I will most likely be (...) (13 years ago, 18-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Brick or Treat!

The next installment in my SRW Scenic Tours "Texas Brick Railroad" photo series: "Brick or Treat" (URL) Image is a link. --Tony (13 years ago, 14-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Porting MRC/Digitrax to LEGO trains

(...) We have some of that here in Edmonton, Canada. I think 3 of our members have DCC rigs, and more have DCC-modified trains. The mainlines on our train layouts have been DCC for several years - we use the old 9V analog stuff for independent (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact