 Trains / 31446
Re: LEGO killed the train club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:28:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Russell Clark wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Russell Clark wrote:
We did have a four club display at the NMRA National Train Show this year. I am
working on an article about it.

Next year is Grand Rapids, MI... hoping to top 4 clubs but it's time to start
organizing it.  Who is in?

Larry, we don't have as many clubs out West like you do in the Midwest and back
East. I'm lucky I got what I got. :)

Wasn't dissin' ya! You guys did great. I'm just worried that NMRA participation
peaked around the time of Cincy/Philly/Detroit...

I think the one distinct advantage that NMRA 2005 had was that it was centrally
located for just about every club on the east coast, and a good chunk of the
midwest.  I know 2013 will in Atlanta during July 14-20, and I will most likely
be taking point for organizing 2013.  I've had some preliminary discussions with
the NMRA 2013 organizer already.

Scott