 Trains / 31441
Re: Train layouts (Was: LEGO killed the train club)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
   Cale Leiphart wrote:

   And the train club is not dead. PennLUG while not strictly a train club is still displaying train layouts in the grand tradition.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/sets/72157627264176719/

Nice. The only thing which disappoints me a little bit with the layout is that it is as flat as Denmark (or maybe even Holland).

At the recent LEGO Fan Weekend in Skærbæk, Byggepladen put together a layout with contributions from about 20 members. We may not all live up to the high standards of fine details, but I liked the final result with the Storebælt bridge connecting two (uncaracteristicly) hilly islands.

Video and pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NkL1COgls http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5199078 (and onwards in the folder)

Play well,

Jacob

Very nice. I agree that the flatness of our layouts is something that needs some work. As we’re continually evolving our layout adding more terrain elevation change is one of our next priorities.

Cale