 Trains / 31448
Re: Train layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:09:14 GMT

Cale Leiphart wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Video and pictures:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NkL1COgls
   http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5199078 (and onwards in the folder)

Very nice.

Thanks.  (Although my contribution only was a single house.)

I agree that the flatness of our layouts is something that needs some
work. As we're continually evolving our layout adding more terrain
elevation change is one of our next priorities.

I am toying with an idea, where I want to print the foundations of a
(highly detailed, possibly fractal) landscape on a 3D printer, and then
only use LEGO for the "top-soil".  It will save a bit in bricks, but it
will make it harder to mix modules in an unplanned fashion.  With my
current MOC'ing speed, it may take years before I can show the concept
off at an exhibition, though.

Play well,

Jacob
--