 Trains / 31458
Re: Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:41:05 GMT

Hi Mike,

Nice done. Train runs verry well as can be seen in the video. I noticed that the doughter was also enjoying it by jumping over the track :)

Regards, Ludo

Some of the modifications I made was to fix some of the friction issues on the front and back trucks of the engine. When powered by the drive wheels with a Power Functions XL motor they are not that big of an issue. When the whole engine is being pushed by 9v motors that little bit of extra friction makes all the difference. I kept all the internal gearing intact and only removed the gear off the drive axle as I eventually plan to run it off an XL motor like intended. Of course the friction reduction will still help even then.

Yes my not quite 3 year old daughter really likes “daddy’s blocks” and trains. :-)