 Trains / 31453 (-20)
  Americanized Emerald Night Full Train MOD/MOCs

I wanted to "Americanize" the Emerald Night so I basically made a cross between the official set and the (URL) Southern Crescent>. I also remade the dining car with doors in the ends instead of an opening and a complete overhaul of the roof. I then (...) (13 years ago, 23-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Where did the LEGO train history pages go?

"Why did LEGO move to battery operated trains?" I thought it was because EU regulations state that "trains that pick up from the track are not recommended for children under eight years old." It is all to do with Health & Safety - Playmobil made the (...) (13 years ago, 21-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Self Portrait

(URL) --Tony (13 years ago, 21-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Where did the LEGO train history pages go?

Looks like Ben's pages (referenced in the sidebar) on fgltc are no more? I just wrote an answer in Quora (URL) wanted to link to the history... I think there was an archive on the ngltc.org pages but that site now is reported by Google as unsafe. (...) (13 years ago, 20-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  RAILBRICKS Issue #10 Available for Download

RAILBRICKS Issue #10 is now available for download. The new issue can be found on the newly updated RAILBRICKS website: (URL) -Elroy (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Train layouts

(...) Thanks. (Although my contribution only was a single house.) (...) I am toying with an idea, where I want to print the foundations of a (highly detailed, possibly fractal) landscape on a 3D printer, and then only use LEGO for the "top-soil". It (...) (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brick or Treat!

(...) Nice scene! Play well, Jacob (13 years ago, 19-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO killed the train club

(...) I think the one distinct advantage that NMRA 2005 had was that it was centrally located for just about every club on the east coast, and a good chunk of the midwest. I know 2013 will in Atlanta during July 14-20, and I will most likely be (...) (13 years ago, 18-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Brick or Treat!

The next installment in my SRW Scenic Tours "Texas Brick Railroad" photo series: "Brick or Treat" (URL) Image is a link. --Tony (13 years ago, 14-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: Porting MRC/Digitrax to LEGO trains

(...) We have some of that here in Edmonton, Canada. I think 3 of our members have DCC rigs, and more have DCC-modified trains. The mainlines on our train layouts have been DCC for several years - we use the old 9V analog stuff for independent (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Porting MRC/Digitrax to LEGO trains

I know that some people used to run DCC on some modified train motors, but has this since gone the way of the dinosaur now that we have plastic track? One day in the future, I want to make my home train layout complete with a handheld multifunction (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) American trains (my preferred subject to model) don't have buffers. This is the reason I'll be sticking to the old couplers for the foreseeable future. At least until Big Ben Bricks, ME Models, or some one else comes out with a suitable (...) (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train layouts (Was: LEGO killed the train club)

(...) Very nice. I agree that the flatness of our layouts is something that needs some work. As we're continually evolving our layout adding more terrain elevation change is one of our next priorities. Cale (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: since the fun has returned to Lugnet.Trains...

(...) Dave!, DaveE, or Dave K? Inquiring minds want to know... Dave K (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Recreating old sets

(...) Lasse Vestergård from Byggepladen collects sets older than himself, and as far as I know, he considers it okay to acquire a set piece by piece. Play well, Jacob (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: since the fun has returned to Lugnet.Trains...

(...) Gee thanks... I think. (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: since the fun has returned to Lugnet.Trains...

(...) Nah, "Ben" is the new "Dave"... (13 years ago, 12-Oct-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Why, dear LEGO???

(...) ... (...) A long time ago S@H would sell bundles. The last one I believe was when the EN came out. You could basically get everything you needed (battery, motor, remote, etc.) and the charger wound up being free. They went away when the first (...) (13 years ago, 29-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: since the fun has returned to Lugnet.Trains...

In lugnet.trains, Benjamin Medinets wrote: ... (...) Eeek, is "Ben" the new "Steve"? (grin) Benn (13 years ago, 29-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The newer magnets...

(...) That's the biggest problem with the new magnets, the buffers are integrated. It would have been so much more versatile if the cross bar had studs where the buffers go and then the actual round buffer be a separate part, e.g., (URL) (13 years ago, 29-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact