 Trains / 31249
Re: 10219 Maersk Container train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:38:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I see no reason to do that, looks like LEGO didn’t in that set design... :)

Well, that’s precisely my point. I was actually directing my comment towards TLG. You really can’t have locomotives being the same width as a container, or a bus or a police car, for that matter!

Locomotives are not 33% wider than containers. I’m pretty sure anyway.

If the locomotive is 6 wide plus some overhangs here and there, handrails, etc, and the container is 6 EXACTLY, that seems to me like enough of a difference. Container well cars are not that much wider than the containers either.

Containers are about 8’ wide. A loco is generally about 10’ wide. That’s a ratio of 4:5. The ratio of 6 wide to 8 wide is 3:4, but that is certainly more plausible than 1:1 (6 wide to 6 wide). And I mention again for emphasis: the cars and trucks in TOWN have ballooned up to 6 wide as well. Surely you aren’t arguing for cars and trucks to be the same width as trains?

   Didn’t we have this argument lo so many years ago?

But of course! That’s why it’s so fun now! But I’m just playing the devil’s advocate in this little debate anyway-- I’m already moving on up!

JOHN