 Trains / 31240
31239  |  31241
Subject:
10 Wide Thomas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:24:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well, this MOC has been a WIP for years, and now I have finally finished it (with, of course, help from my consultant, chief designer, and son, Ross:-)

(Click HERE for more pics after moderation)

When Ben Fleskes starting producing his BBB wheels in blue, I imagined building a larger scale Thomas. With the advent of the new PF train motor system, this seemed like the perfect time to complete this project.

Details:
  • It features the new PF train motor, with the rechargeable battery mounted inside the boiler.

  • A section of boiler top comes off to allow access to the on/off button of the battery, and for recharging it.

  • The front utilizes the Duplo Thomas head piece:-)

  • There was a lot of schleiming and Hoop-dee-doing to create Annie and Claribel in dark orange; they utilize BBB medium wheels.

  • The minifig uses Woody legs and arms, thus fitting in with the larger scale.

  • Click HERE for a YouTube video of Thomas in action.
That’s about it; big thanks to Ben for producing the wheels, to Brad Justus for securing the Thomas license for LEGO, and to whosever idea it was to create longer legs and arms for figs: Brilliant, all of you!

JOHN