 Trains / 31261
Re: 10219 Maersk Container train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:14:01 GMT

   I wonder if the price will be jacked up higher than typical train sets? Comparing to the container ship price increase this year, I might expect it. None-the-less, I really like this set and would consider multiples depending on price as well.

Well if the set is like the Emerald Night and does not come with the track and motor parts, I could see this being in a similar price range. After all the flat beds and yard-tractor (truck) aren’t significantly more than the tender and dinning car from the Emerald Night.

Anyone else think the fans on the top of that new locomotive are the large driver wheels from the EN?

Do you have a photo of your Enlighten brand UP?

Jonathan

Well this Brickshelf gallery has some good pics. The quality is easily the best of any clone brand and is almost as good as Lego. Its that “almost” that may or may not be good enough for you. Its basically the same “cheap” plastic Lego has been using in the collectible figures and some other non-standard sets. As the gallery above shows the model is similar to the BNSF but is definitely its own design. There are only 3 minor complaints all highlighted in that gallery. The small gap in the back can be covered by moving a plate already in the model one stud higher. The front headlight bricks can be filled with 2 1x1 wedges like in the BNSF. (the dark grey is a spot on match for Lego) Some radar dishes can be added to the top for the fans.

That said I think the new Norfolk Southern in the Maersk Sealand color scheme looks way better than either the BNSF or the Enlighten UP. (Picture of real locomotive)