 Trains / 31248
Re: 10219 Maersk Container train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:06:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

   I see no reason to do that, looks like LEGO didn’t in that set design... :)

Well, that’s precisely my point. I was actually directing my comment towards TLG. You really can’t have locomotives being the same width as a container, or a bus or a police car, for that matter!

Locomotives are not 33% wider than containers. I’m pretty sure anyway.

If the locomotive is 6 wide plus some overhangs here and there, handrails, etc, and the container is 6 EXACTLY, that seems to me like enough of a difference. Container well cars are not that much wider than the containers either.

Didn’t we have this argument lo so many years ago?