 Trains / 30806
Re: New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:

   The latest flexi-track picture http://www.aquazona.cz/smf/download/file.php?id=1729&mode=view shows check rails inside the running rails. This might be OK for tram tracks through streets, or maybe dockyards, but what about main rail lines?

If you are a public exhibitor of LEGO trains, are check rails a disaster, an inconvenience or no problem at all?

Would you remove the check rails for a public layout or for ballasting the track?

I don’t see myself using this in long strips together, so I don’t think it’ll be much of a problem. Instead, I see myself using one or two in between pieces of straight track to get certain geometries.

For public shows, I doubt we’ll use this at all. I have a feeling we’ll be sticking with 9v for displays until we can’t run 9v at all any more. If the PF trains really take off, we may start switching over, but I think it’ll be a long conversion process.

-Elroy

I thought I read something somewhere that this track would allow it do quicker inclines and declines, Dues the new track have a bit of a bend to it? or is it simply the fact that it is four studs long, so the track pivots at the connection point, and will allow us to rise 2 plates per track in 4 studs rather then 16 studs....

Jeff VW