 Trains / 30759
30758  |  30760
Subject:
Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 05:21:18 GMT

We all want new larger radius curves and other things. Also, Big Ben
Bricks, BrickArms and others have been able to successfully mold and sell
new custom parts.

Has anyone ever considered extending this and doing some kind of molding of
new track pieces ourselves? Has anyone ever done some investigation of how
much it would cost for a mold for a larger radius curve or other new track
shapes?

Would people (and e.g. train clubs) be willing to donate towards the
(potentially high) costs for producing such a mold? (my guess is that once
the mold is made, the actual costs of producing the parts would not be huge
in bulk volumes)