 Trains / 30928
Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 12:22:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
   Has anyone ever considered extending this and doing some kind of molding of new track pieces ourselves? Has anyone ever done some investigation of how much it would cost for a mold for a larger radius curve or other new track shapes?

During the last year I got a lot of experiences in 3d printing. I think that can be an alternative to molding since that is very costly.

Take a look at my results for minifigs at: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MinifigCustomsIn3d

With the same technique it should be possible to mold also new track pieces.

Woody64