 Trains / 30807
Re: Interesting Emerald Night Observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:33:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dave Sterling wrote:
So, I got my Emerald Night set today.  As I was looking at the box and through
the instructions, I found something very interesting.  If you look at the parts
list on the outside of the box and in the instruction book...nowhere will you
see the large flanged drivers or blind drivers listed.  Not sure why this is the
case, but I found it...intriguing.  Let the conspiracy theories start flying...

-Dave
ToT-LUG

I found it interesting that the big train wheels were packed inside of their own
polybag (and then enclosed in another bag with some of the large train parts).
I thought maybe they came from a different source than other elements.

I did check to see if there were any "BBB" markings or anything like that... no,
mine say LEGO, copyright 2008, and give the mold and cavity numbers as usual.

Anyway, that's interesting that the wheels were omitted from the parts list.
One other implication that might have:  you can typically order replacement
parts through the LEGO website if you get a set with missing elements.  Perhaps
they don't want people claiming to be "missing a set of large train wheels"!
(Understandably!)

-Jordan Schwarz