 Trains / 28518 (-20)
  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Hi Bob, Thanks. I just noticed a mistake after building something else today caused because my train motor ldraw part is a little wrong. It's a fairly minor change but it's safest to wait for the MPD to be changed before starting. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Tim, Very nice. I will try to build one. Thanks for sharing. Bob (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) As always :) Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) I hope she can. I'm also waiting for a former native to get back to me about it. (...) Thank you. (...) Whoops. I really messed it up. Fixed and thanks. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote: <intermittent snippiages> (...) Bingo. (...) It's all about you, isn't it, Tim? :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Excellent. I love the colors. My friend was in Istanbul over the holidays. I am going to forward this link to her to see if she recognizes it. As always, very inspiring. Jonathan PS: the .trains sidebar link for this appears to be mis-directed (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) And I'll raise you with (URL). You can see the two face designs there (maybe three). (...) I "scale" stuff only insofar as things look OK together. In the case of 8-wide it's more the length I'm worried about (I've actually (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Thanks. I didn't document it very well, and now it is in mothballs. It won't come back until we redesign our subway modules (which is at least a year away). Hmmm, maybe I'll lend it to the GMLTC.... (...) Check out (URL) linkie> Ours is the (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Istanbul has better colours :P and a fancier roof. (...) Very nice station. (...) But then I'd lose the fun of squeezing the shrouds in as much as possible. (...) I've admired that one before. I love the window arches and rivets on it. Didn't (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

(...) Cool. This is the (URL) same model> we have here in Minneapolis. I had built a replica of one of (URL) our stations> for the Philly show, but never got around to finishing the light rail cars themselves:-( Now it's on the dreaded backburner. (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Istanbul Tram

--snip-- (...) PPS. Credit to Jason Alleman for his close-coupling. Yes, I've used it again ;) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Istanbul Tram

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Saw this one a while back while looking for other trams in Istanbul (oddly enough). The face gave me nightmares for ages but I finally hit on an adequate (at least in my opinion) solution a couple of days ago. Tim (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Strange rails

(...) Hi Beat! LEGO makes test molding for each molding device, so it's clear that many proof parts are molded. The rails you have, are like the one I own (with the only difference that my one is for 9V). The black one is surprising because red is (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) Red may also be (or at one time was), the most used color. So it may be easiest to load a new mold into a machine running red ABS. I don't think it's surprising they would do 40 test moldings. The mold probably has at least 4 rails. And they (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) There's a pretty comprehensive article on the red test moldings at (URL) the article notes, test moldings are often done in red because it is the most difficult color to mold. Hence, Jason's theory makes a lot of sense. It is surprising that (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Strange rails

(...) That's a novelty! They could be pre-production models. There have been some unusual parts in red before (e.g. the minifig ghost shroud) - test mouldings made by Lego before a part goes into mass production. Jason R (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Strange rails

Hello Train Experts Just recently I bought some 70s bulk material containing homemaker figures, steered trucks and the like as well as some 4.5V and early 12V train stuff. Usually one expects to find blue rails with old 4.5V stuff. I did so but I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) The part selection comes straight from the Digital Designer palette. LEGO have put little notes in the Shop-at-Home catalogue (at least in the UK) promoting 9V trains as 'Hobby Trains', where they explain that LDD still uses the 9V system of (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) Jindrich- SCLTC has lots of experience running 10 week shows that are frequently unattended by club members. For these shows, we run 4x5+2*5= 30 hours per week. We have also done a month long event where we ran 84 hours a week. Our experience (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: How long will train 9v motors last?

(...) You can configure the RCX sleep time using the standard MindStorms software. I don't have an installation of this handy to tell you exactly how to do it, but I remember setting this after doing firmware downloads. The sleep time setting is (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact