 Trains / 27695
Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 07:40:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
The new RC trains have been released on LEGO.com.  The Cargo set is expensive at
$149.00

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7898&cn=249&d=12&t=7

The switch tracks are less expensive than the regular switch tracks.  Someone
needs to figure out how to convert them for 9V.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7895&cn=250&t=5&d=12

Regular track is a little more expensive than 9V.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7896&cn=250&t=5&d=12

Today is a good day. I was able to pick up the new freight train at my local
LEGO® store. It was a great set to build. It has 4 train cars with good part
selection. This set also has a lot of play ability. There are 3 vehicles to
drive around and load the train with. I have not actually ran the train yet, as
I dont have the 9 batteries needed. The train will get a quick conversion to 9v
anyways. I also plan to rebuild the engine into the classic Crocodile Engine
(4551). Or maybe something close to that. I could see myself getting another
copy of this set.

As a side note, the box car in this set is a great little train car. I would
like to see LEGO® make a separate train car set of the Box Car. Maybe have two
box cars in different colors. Or maybe more like the My Own train line. It would
be as poplar as the blue hopper car set (4536)

Dave
www.GPLR.org