 Trains / 27694
Re: Flex system hose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:56:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Selçuk Göre wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

Regarding the flex system hose that is used for hand rails and such on trains:

Has anyone ever tried sourcing this elsewhere other than in lego sets?

Might it be available at hardware stores?

Thanks,
Jonathan

https://www.festo.com (choose your country, look at the products/catalog and
find tubing and piping under "pneumatic connectors", specially "outside diemeter
tubing")

...or any other pneumatic tube supplier. And they might have more than one
color, too (in my xperience, I've seen blue, black, light gray and semi opaq
white). There are softer ones, and less flexible ones, changing from one
supplier to other.

You can buy them by reels, 100m generally. But small hardware stores carrying
pneumatic equipment can sell them meter by meter, too.

Selçuk

Thanks.  I thought that might be the case.  Hardware stores in the area I live
in tend to be able to come up with just about anything you could want.  I'll
check it out.

Thanks again,

Jonathan