 Trains / 27620
Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:24:45 GMT

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
Regular track is a little more expensive than 9V.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7896&cn=250&t=5&d=12

...but it's US$16 for 8 straight & 8 curved.  Had me scared for a sec, wondering
how all plastic track could be more expensive than plastic + metal track.

Which, functionally, means that straights are $2 apiece.

Hmm.  I wonder if, instead of binning them, you could use the curves
structurally in landscape sections, much like Thomas Rafert has with
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6162
(he makes a ~16x16 grid of bricks to desired height, then uses the
superbricks to provide enough support to float baseplates with structures
or additional landscaping).

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/