 Trains / 25578 (-20)
  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) John- That works well enough if underneath your track you have bricks and open space to run wires. Doesn't help if under the track is baseplates and tables! Bypassing the LEGO track connector wires does seem like a good idea. They are (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) :-) Would have been nice to see that *single tear* shed in Cincy.... You were missed. JOHN (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IJwvuG.1tow@lugnet.com... (...) *single tear* Mmmm, mods....... Great stuff Ross. You out do your old man like he'll never imagine... Rob (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

I almost forgot to share this: Because we add to our tracks for greater realism, we don't have much if any room for track lead connections. And let's face it-- the leads are quite a bulky and unsightly solution for getting power to the rails. This (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at the NMRA2005 Train Show

Hey everyone, (URL) some photos from the NMRA2005 show in Cincinnati. This gallery is mostly people and rtlToronto models and does not contain a lot of layout photos. Calum PS-Thanks to JeffVW for organizing the rtlToronto trip to Ohio! (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

(...) I saw those when we were packing up. I believe i saw them by the CUT or there abouts. Hope you find them. Mark IndyLUG (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

Hey all, While I was at the NMRA/NTS show I purchased and was using a pair of squared off needle nose pliers with blue handles. Anyway I was in the process of modding some track for myself tonight and I noticed they weren't in my box. If you (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(URL) See (URL) post> for more. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

SCLTC has claimed a world record for the largest United States flag ever made of LEGO bricks. Built by visitors to the 2005 Orange County Fair during the weekend of July 15 through 17 under the direction of SCLTC, the flag contains the 127,624 LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Ok, I uploaded my vid to Bshelf. (URL) file is the one named "NMRA_WMV." Hope y'all like it. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) I believe the Lego transformers are 12v a/c output. I used 12v a/c output 3.3A transformers from Digikey, part number T605. You will have to add your own connector. They are quite expensive, but they don't heat up as much as the cheap ones do. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) The LM317 will need to "eat" more power if you supply a higher voltage and will thus kick in the thermal protection much sooner. I'd stay as close to the voltage the LEGO wallwart outputs as possible. (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) John, We had the luxury of using your controllers at the NMRA show (Thanks a ton!), and I am interested in modifiying my own. I think I've got enough information to swap the internal components, but negelected to look at the wallwart (power (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) that may be tough. only way i see it working is with 2 x 4 clear plates. i looked on bricklink, and theres just not enough plates available. im working on a BTTX model now/ (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) Hey Tom, I really like that. I am a _very_ big fan of autoracks, so I just might have to experiment with you technique. Now, if only we could get transparent plates to put behind those grille tiles. I just love the way you can see the cars and (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train and Town @ BrickFest

Hi All, Well as we get to within 4 weeks of BrickFest the building frenzy begins. As usual we will have a train layout (with some room for train MOCs) and a separate area for Train and Town MOCs if we have an over flow (which is a good thing!). It (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) Great show. Good time had by all. Totally amazing. Here are my pictures. (URL) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Yay! Converted and uploaded to Brickshelf. (URL) I am working on a big edited vid of nmra. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) Here are my images from the show (URL) still awe struck by the size of the display! Jeff VW (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Northern SD-45 "Hustle Muscle"

(...) Now that IS a beast! Tim (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact