 Trains / 24833 (-20)
  Re: Curatorship of lugnet.trains

(...) Tim David has very kindly agreed to assist with this, please show him every courtesy as he gets his feet wet. I'm sure he'd appreciate content suggestions mailed to him, you can find his address at the bottom of the sidebar (where he added (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  rtlToronto Train Show Pics from the April Train Show (and few comments)

(URL) the pics fit to print! It was a wonderful time with very little by way of catastrophe. K, part of the bridge fell out of Dereks' car when we were loading, but honest, I was just in the general vicinity... Thanks go out to Calum, Derek, Jeff (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) power on its own. It is powered from the lead loco. The effect is greater traction and power but less generation. They are seen a lot in switching yards but not as much on long hauls. Mike (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Curatorship of lugnet.trains

If you're interested in being a co-curator of the lugnet.trains hierarchy please drop me a line. Thanks. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Train Show April 24th, 2005

(...) Well, setting up went as smooth as one could possibly expect, considering the bad weather and long lineups. Anyway, a reminder that if you're in the GTA tomorrow, come on over to the International Centre and have a boo at the layout. I've put (...) (19 years ago, 24-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slug Photos

(...) I heard they are not as popular now because the savings aren't worth the loss in flexibility (just like cabless locos aren't as common either any more). (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Slug Photos

Back a few years ago I was talking trains with someone here ( I forget his name) about the "slugs" we have up here. I had thought them common since their function seems logical to me and I see them in use around me, but he said these (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More obscure diesel variants (BoCo)

(...) Not a real one, but (in a shameless self-plug) my model of one won a prize at Hull model railway show last November. Here it has red buffer beams, like the illustrations of BoCo in the Awdry books: (URL) For the official prize photo I changed (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More obscure diesel variants (Was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Actually, I tend to think that it was more along the lines of the original 1950 plan- try everyting, and see what works and what doesn't work. Just because the FT was great in NA did not mean that it was going to be the best way to dieselize (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - Class 08 Shunter with on-board uncoupling device

(...) [snip] (...) the side at first. Well, done! Chris (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  More obscure diesel variants (Was Re: BNSF new paint)

Mark's (URL) mention> of the Fell led me to look it up. It seems needlessly complicated and basically the result of trying to prove a mistaken point (that mechanical transmission could be as good or better than electrical) (URL) If you're (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Non-steam Engines with Spoked Wheels

(...) I'd like to see a Fell, I have a soft spot for it. Mind you you'd have to design it so it kept going wrong! Tim (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: Thanks you guys! (...) Oh yeah, we (URL) have> those :-) Lots of them :-d Legoswami (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  an American 4-4-0 steam locomotive

It is not perfect, I want to get some Big Ben Bricks wheels and make another one some time. This is a shot of the rear of the cab, showing Engineer Max at the controls (URL) can also see the shovel for shoveling coal into the boiler This is a view (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New trains and updated pages

Hi, I just finished updating some of my pages. More updates are needed, but these will have to do for now. I was surprised by the amount of time required to get these updates done. During the past year I have been super sizing my Super Chief. The (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non-steam Engines with Spoked Wheels

(...) A few more British non-steam engines that use spoked wheels: GT3 (1961), a 2700hp gas turbine engine designed to look like a 4-6-0 steam engine. (URL) 10100 (1950), the "Fell" locomotive, 4-8-4/2D2, later 4-4-4-4. This loco had 4 engines, 2 in (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

And of course pretty much all fixed wheelbase shunter/switchers! Tim (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Hmm, perhaps I should take note of your point below! The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the (URL) BR class 74 electro-diesel> (1) which is a bit of a cheat as they are really electrics with a small diesel generator for (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Well, I have not done any math, and it seems clear that LEGO train wheels are somewhat undersized. Nonetheless I haven't noticed an aesthetic issue. Here is why I think that is the case. Unless you take apart your wheels, the shape of the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question on Train Wheel Diameter, Minifig Scale

(...) Eeeps! Missed out opportunity for shameless self-plug! :-o (...) I was wondering about that when I had that discussion with ROSCO. Neither of us could think of such a proto, although I know plenty of electrics have the spoked wheels. Care to (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact