 Trains / 24558 (-20)
  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

(...) snip (...) snip (...) hey, i love the model and the use of the technic pneumatic system but i really don't see how this model belongs in .trains past the initial post. please trim .trains from the newsgroups. thanks, ondrew (20 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

(...) -snip- (...) Ok, I'll let you slide this time, lol. I would encourage you to expand on this concept, I think it is very cool. e (20 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Eric! :-) (...) Not sure yet. If one of my higher-priority projects needs parts from it, maybe not, although I think I've not used a single part I'm likely to need anytime soon. I think it'll be around for a few (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

Oh hey! right on! You built it! That is so cool, the color, the specs, the realistic look. I like the scale and the forward cab is really good. Thanks for sharring..... Questions Will you keep this model? What else might you build that will add to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

In lugnet.announce.moc, Samarth Moray wrote: BrickShelf Folder (URL) (...) Samarth, I live the model, really fun. You managed to cature the train MOW quite well. As for the dirty brick, I like it. It gives the ship character. Mat (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: What if.....Update!

(...) I modified the file again to solve any structure problems. I added two small supports at the open end. Since you cant utilize the space right next the sides any way. (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 axel motorised truck with 3 stud center wheel spacing

(...) Hi Rob, I figured you of all people would like this. I may add the seceond set of pickup wheels, or a second moterized truck, and wire them togather. Right now I'm usng the spring-to-axel methode to get my power from the metal wheels. If I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Some trains

My ever expanding train collection forced me to reorganize some tubs of trains, and I came across of some I never got around to take pictures of. Some have been used at a train show or two, so the odd shot may have been published, but no detailed (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: What if.....

(...) I really like all this feedback. Its like were all in a room with as many LEGO bricks as we want. And were building the best MOC to have been created. :) Alright, I made some changes and opened one end of the plate. I also ran the holes the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

Really stupid replying to my own post, but BS seems to be giving an error for the gallery URL. Here it is: (URL) trying to get the hang of this FTX thing......) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  And now, for another theme bastardization : : Track MOW Ship

I’ve always been a fan of space, but I never really managed to get down to doing anything in the theme as of late as it was too abstract for me (Although I did a lot of stuff as a kid, my memory and definition of what spaceyness was got wiped out (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: What if.....

(...) As an 8-wider, I am left feeling a bit flat. One of the biggest problems using 6-wide bases on 8-wide trains is the number of 1x(x) plates that are needed to fill in the gap, and the minimum thickness of the train's bases grows from 2 to 3 (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

"Mathew Clayson" <mathew_impact1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ID1o4G.1ErE@lugnet.com... (...) Holy crap Mat! I never really thought of doing that. That's great! To combat jittering on uneven tracks and the like, you could always add a second set (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod)

  2 axel motorised truck with 3 stud center wheel spacing

A Motorised 2 axel truck with 3 stud wheel spacing. This is a custom modified 9v train motor. (URL) I've been toying with this idea for a while. It seems a shame that LEGO makes only the one style motor truck. I used a small DC motor and a pair of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: What if.....

Leaving off the end isn't a bad idea! In my mind's eye I see the end terminate as any other single plate thickness. Great thinking! How about a 1x2 stud notch off the end too. This way if a pair are tight up against each other (or a 6xn plate is (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

A very interesting idea, it takes the advantages of the train bases (strength with with the height saving of the inset bogie (truck)) but with far more flexibility of use. I think Lar's suggestion of leaving off one end and adding more holes would (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Forgot to mention this the first time.... That's right J2, I'm saying make it go to 11. (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What if.....

(...) No, 6 more, for a total of 11. I'd take holes all teh way to the ends! I often do trucks that don't use bogie plates and instead use the 2x2 tile with center technic pin, so I can offset the truck pivot (for ability to get around curves (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What if.....

(...) Currently I have 5 holes in the train plate. They are 4 studs from the end of the plate as it is on the normal 6x24/28 plates. Are you suggesting I should put two more? I think with the open end it would lead to a weaker structure. Also it (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Winterlude Photos

(...) The O-Train is one of the most impressive MOC in the show, and it was Jason's first train MOC which he finished it in 3 days just in time for the show. This is the best pic I got: (URL) A few more, once moderated: (URL) Pic of the real thing: (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact