 Trains / 24363 (-20)
  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Well Jake, if you read this, can you make them also available in Light Grey and Dark Grey too? Would be nice for passenger car roofs. Regards, Ludo (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train part suggestion

(...) I think it would be a GREAT part. Note that Rick Clark has devised such a thing (and quite a clever design it is, too) from readily available parts: (URL) takes care of the fans, but doesn't help out the mundanes, which are, after all, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Train part suggestion

Dear Lego, While watching my son put his train on the track I thought it would be great if LEGO made a level crossing that aligned the train on the track. When I was young (30 years ago), I had one for my HO scale trains, and I loved it. You could (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(...) That's Steve Ringe's work. He's our most prolific 8 wide builder (although he CAN and DOES build 6 wide sometimes, he's not an 8 wide snob like some(1)). This was, I believe, not the first show this particular loco has been to. (...) models, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town/Train/Space Pictures - Toy&Hobby Expo & January Meeting Reports

(...) Great show. I really like that high nosed GP. (URL) am not wild about the wagon-wheel fans, (URL) I _love_ the rest of it. Thanks for sharing, Chris (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Yes, that new brick is going set the train world afire. (...) Nice model, by the way :) Chris (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) vintage photos, and discussed several times here. But I have never seen photos of these LARGE 12 spoked trainwheels before, as seen on the rear of the box from set 7750. (I never had a 7750, so I have never seen the box up close). It is known (...) (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Larger type of old style train wheel?

(...) Mark, Those train wheels were never released to the public, although they appear in lots of vintage photos. They have been mentioned before: (URL) that helps, Clark (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  New Point Motor - Instructions available

(...) Some people aren't content with the magic. So, for those who insist on seeing how it's done: (URL) for instructions>> Again, if you build one, let me know how you get on. Thanks, Jason Railton (20 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  DelVaLug At Greenburg Train show in Philly

Hey Just a reminder that DelVaLUG has a display at the Greenburg Train show in the Ft. Washington Expo Center outside of Philly, Pa this weekend. We just wrapped up our first day and are prepping for tomorrow. All in all things went pretty well. We (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Sorry, reading too late at night! tim (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Larger type of old style train wheel?

Just looked at these recent pictures of train set boxes on Brickshelf: (URL) Looking at the pictures for 7750: (URL) (both inset pictures) and (URL) (bottom left picture) These pictures appear to show a larger train wheel, presumably a prototype for (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) You are welcome to. I do this, too-- my designs are derivative of some design, somewhere. I hope you do find new ideas here, but I'm not so sure. I think this ALCO RS-1 offers a fairly basic studs-up construction, except for the coupler (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) (URL) an early real-brick-build> which uses this (...) Tim, No painted or modified parts. The roof uses quantity 6 black 2x2 curved slope bricks-- link above. later, James (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) "Pilot", if I am not mistaken about what part of the loco you are talking about. In particular, this is a switcher pilot since it has steps or footboards (1), not a snowplow. 1 - terrifically dangerous to actually ride on, and now banned to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Apparel

I was amused (in a good way :-) ) to see the range of (URL) Brick Built Trains apparel> at Cafepress. When I have a baby he is going to have an (URL) Infant Creeper>! There's nothing for (URL) my dog> though. Tim (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) Looks like there are some more Mathis innovations here. The loco has real character and the livery choice works well. I like the front bufferbeam(1) I was interested to see the (URL) build>, did you paint the roof bricks or mock them up with (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Thanks :-) I particularly like the fact that the effect is easier to achieve with Lego in 8mm scale than in HO or OO in 3.5mm or 4mm scale. Using SNOT with grille tiles gives a finer grille than just alternating plates, and there's some relief (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim)

  making parts Re: Preview ALCO RS-1 A. T. & S. F.

(...) snipped (...) James beutiful work as always. While we dream, a 4 wide version would be nice as well, not to mention a bulk pack! I've toyed with the idea of molding/casting repro parts. This may be the right part to try it with. The best resin (...) (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)

(...) Hey just had to chime in. I like the engine, but I had to add that I like the "support beam visible through the vent effect" that you did with the SNOTted grille tiles. Chris (20 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact