 Trains / 23998 (-20)
  Re: So thats where Lego got the idea from

(...) Sorry swami, you missed the joke. :) (1) The idea he's referring to isn't the crocodile, read the second sentence of the referenced caption again. (then consider this site: (URL) it gives another clue...) But I do agree the Croc exists in many (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So thats where Lego got the idea from

(...) Hi Tim, Actually, Crocodiles or 'krokodils' have existed in all kinds of forms in the early days of the electrics. The Lugnet train FAQ, with reference to 4551 also says so: (URL) Even a brickshelf search for Crocodile/Krokodil brings up more (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Chris, Thanks for sharing that story! I was laughing as I read it because my own 3 year old daughter loves to take the motors OFF of my locomotive and run the motor by itself on the track. Much faster forward/reverse combinations are possible (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2

Looks great Rob! Of course I forgot that it should have been dark green with your original versions (they looked so good "as is"). I was wondering about those 8 studs in front of the cab window. Have you smoothing that over somehow? I have been (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  So thats where Lego got the idea from

Check the caption to the first picture! (the one under the heading: Part 2: Modern Locomotives) (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Snip Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed hearing about the trials and tribulations of your day. Lots of "grownups" would have issues with just spending a large amount of time with that many "rug rats" never mind allowing them (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Those sound like good ideas. they also sound like ideas that are out of my limited area of expertise. Chris (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) Yes, that is true, but the box indicates that LEGO isn't aiming the controler at the 4-year old crowd that I was entertaining. Since I often use the 'extra' power, I don't mind that the speed regulator will deliver it. None the less you are (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) I don't know why LEGO don't provide a voltage regulator. We pay a high price for the power unit and you can get a voltage regulator for a few pounds/dollars. At 9V the train goes too fast at full speed on a normal length of track and a normal (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lessons learned in pre-school

(...) I noticed this and now have a doubly modified controller. A switch in one end drops the output voltage over the whole range. A switch in the other end engages a full rectifier on the output. These switches are push-type, glued into the base of (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1000 Steine Freschen

Thanks for the info (...) buses (URL) The big coach with the "strange sides" is a model of the German Silberlinge (...) in the end wasn't certain enough. I recognised it as a Silberlinge, its an interesting way of reproducing the destinctive finish (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2

(...) Super Dash-9. With work like that, you must have a source of BNSF images, no? I got a little GP for Christmas, and I am thinking of supersizing it, but I don't know if I should follow the stock color scheme. Is it reasonzbly accurate? Again, (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Lessons learned in pre-school

On Friday, I brought some trains to my son's pre-school. It was a crazy and hectic event. I thought I would share with you the ideas that worked and the ones that didn't work. First, they loved seeing all the trains, and they were more than happy to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1000 Steine Freschen

(...) (URL) Dornier Flying Boat>) but the two railway related ones that I am (...) (URL) this coach> with its strange sides and (...) (URL) this railcar>, is it a Bernina line Treibwagon? Perhaps a 1000Steine (...) The show in Frechen is a yearly (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  1000 Steine Freschen

I was looking through the galleries on Brickshelf and came across (URL) Legopapi's Freschen gallery> Further research on www.1000steine.com led me to (URL) Andreas Haase's gallery> There are too many good models here to comment on them all (check (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

  Re: BNSF sd40-2

(...) yes the lead wheel truck has the studs cut off. the middle wheel set has the flanges removed as well to allow the truck to manuver thru turns. i wanted to have the wheels off but it didnt look quite right it has been tested prior to making the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BNSF sd40-2

(...) I can't quite make it out but that lead wheel looks modified? Did you knock the studs off? You haven't been working with Mr. Hendrix on this:) Anyhow it looks nice, I would like to see more images of the trucks at work... Robin W (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2

(...) Thanks James! Your El Capitan cars look great too, I just spotted them on Brickshelf! (URL) great LDraw work, Robin W (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dash-9 Diesel Engine - Version 2

(...) Thanks for the props John... It means a lot coming from Mr. 8 wide:) I hope to bring them to the NTS in Cincinnati and you can see them in the brick. Or maybe sooner if you are planning your April Florida trek? Robin W (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BNSF sd40-2

I have created a successful model of a sd40-2 that can turn on lego track heres some pics (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact